We are reaching out today with some important updates about high school admissions for this year.
- The high school application will open the week of January 24, 2022, and close during the week of February 28.
- In response to feedback from community leaders, families, and schools, borough- and zone-based admissions priorities will remain in place this year. This means that some high school programs will continue to prioritize zoned applicants and/or applicants who live or currently attend middle school in a specific borough. District-based admissions priorities were eliminated last year and will continue to not be used in high school admissions.
- For high school programs that screen applicants, multiple measures will be used to evaluate students this year. These measures will include submissions of work samples from last year, such as essays or reports, and first-semester grades from this school year.
- MySchools will reflect these updates within the coming week.
In January, we’ll share more details about high school admissions.
- Interested in arts programs? Before the holidays, we'll provide information about preparing for auditions for high school arts programs, including Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
- Right now, you can read more about high school admissions at schools.nyc.gov/High and log in to your MySchools.nyc account to explore options and build your list of favorite programs.
The High School Admissions Team
Office of Student Enrollment