The Frank Sansivieri Intermediate School
IS73 (24Q073) The Frank Sansivieri Intermediate School
70-02 54 AVENUE Maspeth, NY 11378
Principal: Michael Casale
Daisy Rangel Parent Coordinator: 347-563-4199
Schools will be closed 3/15-4/20
All learning will take place online each day
Teachers have been working to build google classrooms. Please log in to your IS73 google account. Everything will be in one place, our ONLINE LEARNING tab. For EVERYTHING related to online work, please go there by clicking the button above or entering the tab from our page menu.
Please help us by logging in to attendance every day using the link at the top of the online learning center.
Who can I contact if I have issues?
- You can contact staff and teachers at any time via email. We have published a list of all contact emails here.
- For student tech help please click this link and complete the form: Student technology support
- For parent tech help please use this link to complete the form: Parent technology support
- For questions and concerns related to our online learning please contact Ask73@IS73.org for answers
- For additional help you can reach out to our parent coordinator Daisy Rangel at 347-563-4199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 909-681-1378 from 9am to 1pm for an additional way to contact us
- If you need technology to complete remote learning online please call 718-935-5100 (press 5) or visit this page: https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices or to request use of an ipad visit this page: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home/ipad-distribution
Breakfast and Lunch will now be provided at P.S. 58 The School of Heroes located at 72-24 Grand Avenue between the hours of 7:30 am to 1:30 pm.
I.S. 73 will not be a breakfast or lunch site at this time
Use the buttons below for fast and easy navigation
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
I.S. 73 is a middle school in Maspeth, New York. We serve a very diverse community with over 30 different home languages spoken. As a result of our large student population of over 2,000 children, we have established five academies. These academies are “small learning communities” which create a smaller school within one large one.
Each academy has an Assistant Principal, Guidance Counselor, and Dean who serve as each student’s “go to team.” This “go to team” serves as a support system for the students and their families within their academies. Each academy is created equally and students are randomly selected for their academy designation as they enter I.S. 73. From that point on, each academy team works with their students, both academically and emotionally, preparing them for High School, College and future Careers!
We are continuing our work in improving school to home communication. Our goal is to maximize the use of this new website to provide you with current information on a variety of school-wide happenings. We will provide up-to-date links to academic information, after school programs, and academy information as frequently as possible. We hope you find this website useful and helpful. Please do not hesitate to provide us with feedback on how we can improve this website to further improve upon our communication between school and home.
The Valentines day bake sale was a great success! Thank you for your help!
Support Our School, Support Our Students!
Please donate to the IS 73 PTA
All funds collected by the PTA will be used for student activities.
Microsoft Software for Students and Families
The DOE provides free Microsoft software to students and families. Much of this software has education-specific content that supports our students’ academic improvement. In addition, familiarity with these tools will help prepare students for college and careers.
Visit nycstudents.net(Open external link) to download Microsoft Office 365. You will need to enter the student's OSIS number, last name, and date of birth, or the student's username.