High School Info
Results are now available for students who took the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) in December 2021! As a reminder, taking this test is how students apply to the eight testing Specialized High Schools.
If your child took the SHSAT, you can now get their results online at MySchools.nyc or from your school counselor; if you did not select “Just email me” in MySchools, you will also receive a results letter in the mail.
Results and offers
1. Your child’s results will include your child’s SHSAT score.
2. Your child’s results may include up to one offer to a testing Specialized High School. Not all students who took the SHSAT will get an offer to a testing Specialized High School, and the Specialized High Schools do not have waitlists.
If your child received an offer to a testing Specialized High School, there’s nothing you need to do now to accept it.
In June, high school offers will be available.
- Your child’s high school offer letter will include up to one offer from the high school application process, any waitlist information, and LaGuardia High School results (if your child auditioned).
- If your child receives an offer to a program from their application and an offer to a Specialized High School, their offer letter in June will include a deadline to choose one of these offers.
- If your child will be leaving NYC DOE public schools to attend a charter school, a private/parochial school, or a school outside NYC starting in September 2022, you can “opt out” after high school offer letters are available later.
Questions about your child’s results?
- Learn how students get offers to the eight testing Specialized High Schools in this video.
- Talk to your child’s current school counselor
- Contact a Family Welcome Center
- Watch our videos and learn more at schools.nyc.gov/SHS
The High School Admissions Team
Office of Student Enrollment
High School Admissions 2022