Login to MySchools and Register for the SHSAT
Starting today, families of all current 8th grade and first-time 9th grade students can log in to your MySchools accounts and register for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). All students who are eligible to apply to high school are also eligible to participate in Specialized High Schools admissions.
Here’s how to get started:
LOG IN TO MYSCHOOLS
- Get your welcome letter. Welcome letters are in the mail to families of current 8th grade public DOE and charter school students. All 8th grade students (and first-time 9th grade students, if interested) can also get their welcome letter from their current school. This letter includes an overview of high school admissions, including how to use the DOE’s online school directory and application system, MySchools.nyc.
- We have added a convenient button for accessing MySchools and each other service we use here to the homepage of IS73.org as well.
- If MySchools is new for you, then your child’s welcome letter will help you set up your MySchools account and add your child using their unique account creation code.
- Already have a MySchools account from a previous year?Log in now! You can re-set your MySchools password if needed. If you don’t see your child’s name on your Dashboard page, that’s okay—just get your child’s welcome letter and follow the instructions there.
ONCE YOU ARE LOGGED IN, YOU CAN:
- Register for the SHSAT by November 15. Registration is now open for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT), which determines admissions to the eight testing Specialized High Schools.
- If you are interested in applying to any/all of these schools, submit your registration—including your school preferences—by the November 15 deadline. Registration for the SHSAT is not first-come first-served; all students who register by the deadline can take the SHSAT.
- You can register online with your MySchools account or through your current school counselor.
- Practice tests, test dates, and locations are available at schools.nyc.gov/SHS. By early December, registered students will receive a personalized test ticket confirming when and where they will take the test in December.
- Explore your high school options in MySchools. When you’re logged in to your account, you can save your favorite programs by clicking the stars next to their names.
PLEASE NOTE: The high school application is NOT yet open, and the audition registration period for LaGuardia High School is also NOT yet open. When more information is available, we will email you with updates.
- Talk to your child’s current school counselor. They will be your main point of contact through the admissions process and can help you get your welcome letter. If your child attends a private or parochial school or is homeschooled, you could also contact a Family Welcome Center.
- Learn more and watch our admissions videos—including videos on how to access and use MySchools—at schools.nyc.gov/High and schools.nyc.gov/SHS.
We wish you and your child a rewarding admissions season.
The High School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment
NYC Department of Education